Monday, November 15, 2010

Comic Life Reflection

I loved using Comic Life!  I can see students REALLY getting into this as an alternative final unit project. 

I guess, as an undergraduate fine arts minor, I used space as the biggest guiding force behind my comic.  I recalled the few comics that I have read, like the "Bone" series and Maus.  I used the pictures more as a painting already on a canvas and just designed the text bubbles withing the space of the pictures.

Comic Life looks so professional and I think that kids see the validity behind that.  Other Language Arts technologies that we have used, like Voicethread, seem a bit clunky compared to this.  I can see this as a real advantage for kids to express themselves through this comic medium.  Graphic Novels are becoming a huge influence with students and I think comics could be a fun way to engage kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment