Saturday, October 9, 2010

WIKI

So here is my preliminary wiki that I created. After creating and interacting with wikis, I see the range of possibilities they have.  I can envision many ways in which to use a wiki in my classroom. 

As of right now, I am using mine as a resource page for myself as I move along through the M.Ed program.  This will be my resource page for compiling my lesson plans,  my classmates' website annotations, as well working with my Crosswinds Intersession partner to work on daily lessons.  Wikis seem vital for co-teaching.  In-person meetings can be nearly eliminated with the collaborating nature of wikis. 

As far as student writing is concerned, there is no accountability with wikis.  The instructor does not know which students have edited the page and how much they actually contributed.  This seems like a possible downfall of wikis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment