Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Class Analysis



I think this would be a good teaching idea for middle/high school kids to do as well.  Have them search for images pertaining to a specific "lens" and have them do exactly what we did for this assignment: comment on the images through the lens and allow other students to comment/write on their voicethread.  I like voicethread (when it's working properly).  It's easy to use and I think teenagers would get a kick out of hearing their own voice on an assignment. 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting analysis! Its so obvious and disheartening that there are no African Americans in the New Yorker, as they are stereotypically lower class and whites are stereotypically upper class. Because my other major (besides film studies) is art history, I particularly thought your analysis regarding painting and art was interesting. Its always been strange to me how painting is known as a "high" culture outlet that is associated with the upper class. How can an art form be associated with a class??!! Its so weird for me that just because painting gets a bad reputation as an art form that only the "cultural elite" can understand, that that is associated with upper classes.

    ReplyDelete